Any person who holds a medical or other professional qualification which is registable with the Health Professions Council of Zimbabwe as a Specialist Physician or at the discretion of the Committee in any of the fields aforementioned and who accepts without reservation the Constitution of the Society may apply to be a member of the Society.
On receipt of an application for membership in terms of subsection the Executive Council may:-
- Grant membership to the applicant; or CE6.2.2 refuse to grant membership to the applicant.
- The annual subscription for membership shall be such sum as the Executive Council may from time to time determine.
- A member who has not paid his annual subscription shall not be entitled to vote.
- A member shall notify the Honorary Secretary of his change of address within (30) days of such change.
- Membership of the Society shall not give any member a right to any of the moneys, property or assets of the Society.
- The liability of members shall be limited to the amount of unpaid subscriptions or other moneys owing by them to the Society.
A member whose membership has been cancelled or suspended or who has resigned
- shall be liable for such payments, fees and subscriptions still due and unpaid by him
- shall not be entitled to recover any sums by reason of the termination or suspension of his membership prior to the end of the current financial year.
A member may resign from the Society by notifying the Honorary Secretary in writing. Membership shall cease upon death, resignation or expulsion.
Cessation Of Membership
Membership shall cease in the following circumstances:-
- Where the members of a member is struck off the Register of the Health Profession Council or an equivalent body elsewhere for misconduct;
- By expulsion from the Society through a seventy five percent (75%)vote of members at an Extraordinary General Meeting;
- By resignation in writing to the Honorary Secretary;
- By the failure to pay any subscription due despite repeated demand;
- The death of a member.
- Can be effected by a disciplinary committee (to be established)
For electronic application please follow the link below